First Post on New Website!!
(And Wix to WordPress Instructions)
I can’t say that the switch from Wix to WordPress has been easy, because it hasn’t been. But enough of that, because we finally did it! So if you need to transfer from one platform to another, there are a few things you might need to do.
- In the settings of your old site, find their directions for transferring.
- If you already have a domain name, you will need to redirect it to your new hosting platform. So look that up. There are video tutorials about everything, now.
- Sign-up with WordPress.org first.
- Then get your hosting.
- Install WordPress. Again look for the videos, but if you don’t have the time, and you do have the money to spare–just have them do it!
- Then go to your dashboard of WordPress, and pick out a theme from there. You will automatically have a few free ones, but if you want a better theme, pick it from the very beginning, because you can lose data if you switch later.
- Go to “Appearances,” and pick out your theme and buy it from your DASHBOARD–not from your hosting platform, which I did and it made life difficult.
- Install your theme. Again look for the videos. I had a “Cherry” platform, so I had to upload the Cherry file first, and then the theme file.
- Next, look at your sample theme again from your dashboards. Click on it, and you should be able to find the widgets and plug-ins they used on there.
- If not under “Appearances,” go to “Theme Options” if you have one and look at which one you would like.
That’s about it for now. Have fun creating your own online home!